|Church HR Support
Payroll & HR Compliance service
Is your Church Compliance and Keeping up with the Federal and State Payroll and HR laws?
Take Advantage of Our Human Resource and Payroll Support Solutions
Get all your HR and payroll support bundled into one valuable service, Church HR Support. This support service is not available with any other organization. We have an unparalleled tax, payroll and HR expertise on the complex issues associated with clergy tax law and the church. Church HR Support has become the most valuable HR resource for today's church throughout the year. This unparalleled support plan offers churches a valuable resource for questions relating to clergy compensation, reimbursement plans, payroll, employment and other HR related issues.
When a new church is founded, there's less need for a
human resources department- you and your congregational
volunteers are your HR department. But as soon as the church grows, more employees are needed. There's soon a realization that the tax, payroll and HR tasks takes more time and effort than imagined. Most church leaders want to focus on growing their ministry, not spending endless hours on tax, payroll, employment or HR issues. The issue for churches is that failure to comply with these federal and state laws can find them embroiled in unwanted IRS and state penalties, lawsuits, bad publicity, and governmental fines. And as the mantra goes… ignorance is a poor defense.
Having an HR department or even a dedicated HR professional is typically not possible. Because of this, many churches lack the ability to know:
- which laws apply to the church, which ones do not, and why
- which existing laws are changing for the church
- how do we ensure the church is complying with the requirements of those laws
- how to avoid needless IRS audits, investigations, fines, and litigation
- how should the church set up a clergy compensation plan
- whhen do we withold from clergy income
- what is the correct way to handle professional reimbursments
We offer two types of services, Church HR Support Online and Church HR On-Demand. You can either upgrade your payroll services to include the HR support or purchase them separately.
Church HR Support Online is geared towards those that either currently have an HR employee, someone operating in that capacity, or someone that can be designated to fill that role. The online resources are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. This service is included in our payroll service at no additional cost. The resources include:
Downloadable and customizable.
Library of standard business policies. State and Federal Laws: Written in easy to understand terms.
- HR Forms: Library of business, state and federal forms. 3-Minute HR Audit: Assess the effectiveness of your HR functions.
- eAlerts: Instant notification for important law updates.
- HR Checklists: Checklists to help organize business tasks.
- HR Guides: Various guidelines providing helpful references in following particular business procedures.
- Job Descriptions: Catalog to help organize and hire employees.
- Q&A Database: Hundreds of questions answered by HR Pros.
- HR Best Practices: Monthly articles covering best practices.
- Monthly Newsletter: Alerts and articles to stay current.
- Glossary of Terms: Easy to read definitions for key HR terms.
- HR News and Updates: HR-related news feeds and updates.
- HRCast: Monthly podcasts covering HR best practices.
- HR Resource Center: Resources for ordering posters, training materials and reference literature.
- Quick Guides: Hot topics of employee solutions.
Church HR and Payroll On-Demand is used by churches who have no one able to fill that role. In this situation, you have access to a tax, payroll and HR professionals who can handle their various HR needs as things arise. Additionally, we will keep them abreast of changes in HR policies, rules, and regulations that can affect their day to day operations. For more information, click here.
With the HR and Payroll On-Demand Program, your church can virtually outsource their HR department. Our experienced and certified HR and Payroll Professionals work with you to address your church specific questions and needs, including:
- Ask the Pro: Address your situational questions in regards to legal compliance and personnel issues, and receive a response within one business day.
- Document Customization: Our HR Pros will create and / or customize your HR documents, and review for potential legal concerns.
- Employee Handbook Development: Schedule a personal appointment with an HR Pro to develop a custom Employee Handbook and a plan for implementation
Regardless of which service is chosen, you will gain peace of mind knowing the church is in compliance with federal and state laws.
Clergy Financial Resources does not charge hourly rates for HR & Payroll Support. We charge a flat fee that varies based on the services needed by the client and the size of the church. There are no hidden costs or fees, no strings attached, or small print.
Whether your biggest HR & payroll challenges are managing employee information or staying compliant with ever-changing employment law, you can rely on your partnership with Church HR Support.
Satisfaction Guaranteed: If for any reason you are not satisfied with our service, we will provide a refund. We pledge to provide excellent products and services or your money back.